The Directorate of Research and Development of the Nitte (Deemed to be University) ensures high-quality original research and research-oriented activities among faculty, research scholars, and students. The key goal of the Research Directorate is to promote and create a conducive environment for researchers through a variety of academic programs, including the PhD program.
The Directorate facilitates the overall research progress of the University through the implementation and monitoring of funding support to the faculty and also meritorious fellowships to encourage young research scholars. It also conducts regular monitoring, evaluation and discussion on the progress of PhD scholars with doctoral committee members. The main objectives of the Nitte DU Research and Development are:
- To ensure that the research is being conducted in accordance with the ethical, scientific, and bio-safety standards.
- To maintain quality and integrity in conducting inter-disciplinary research.
- To encourage the adoption of intellectual property rights to strengthen the research.
- To support and strengthen the faculty and research scholars by providing intramural funding and fellowships
- To bridge the gap between industry and academia by bringing in experts from various fields of science.
- To motivate and assist the research scholars in obtaining the senior research fellowships, short-term research grants, post-doctoral fellowships and any other research-related activities.