The Libraries of the University act as the hub of learning resources for the constituent colleges. In total, 51,000 SqFt of carpet area is available for library services. Qualified librarians and adequate staff are appointed to ensure smooth functioning. The library services acquire, organize and provide access toresources in all formats necessary to support the education mission of the University. The books and journals collection supports all programs taught and research activities carried out at the University. An Integrated Library Management System provides efficient tracking and utilization of resources.
Services and facilities
- Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC): The easy-lib automation software used for the automation of the library has provided OPAC and the users can search the holdings of the library through author, title, subject and publisher.
- In-house/remote access to e-resources: The e-resources subscribed to the library are accessible from anywhere in the campus
- Assistance in searching Databases: Training program on using the database subscribed to the library is conducted.
- Inter-library Loan Service: As the libraries are members of DELNET, materials which are not
available in the library are procured through this service.
Information Deployment and Notification: Regular notification on the upcoming events, important information, newspaper clippings are displayed regularly
- Computer and Internet Access: There are multiple computer centres in the libraries which are accessible to students as well as faculty. These centres provide for a total of 150 computer stations with a 1Gbps internet access, word processing software, statistical and spreadsheet software, presentation software, scanning and printing services.
- Reprography / scanning including colour Xerox.
- User Orientation: The user orientation is conducted to the fresher’s regarding the holdings of the library, services etc. It is concerned with providing guidance and instructions to the readers in the proper use of library collections and services.
Access to general public
Policy for access of library resources to users from outside NitteDU
For more information about availing the facility, please write to the Librarian of the Institution of interest.