A vibrant and dedicated Placement Cell is an integral part of any institution engaged in higher education. It stands as a bridge between the Institution and the Prospective employer – The Industry. A common complaint of most of the employers is that the young graduates though are reasonably good in academic and technical skills (intellectual skills), seriously lack emotional maturity. While it is quite obvious that the employers expect graduates to possess technical competencies in their chosen disciplines of study, they more seriously evaluate graduates in terms of discipline and expect them to demonstrate a range of broader skills and attributes that include excellent team-work, effective communication, leadership, critical thinking, problem solving and managerial abilities.
The Nitte philosophy
At Nitte, We view employability as an integral aspect of the student learning experience. Our aim is to produce confident individuals ready to gel-into the workplace mould and successfully acclimatise to the new turf of tough job assignments and challenging roles with confidence and natural ease. Our recruiters are aware of this distinctive philosophy and hence our students are a preferred choice with reputed employers that range from the wide spectrum of employment domains - Engineering, Management, Health Sciences, and academia.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Placement Department ensures students get placed in reputed companies by:-
- Organising “finishing school programme” which addresses crucial job fitment areas such as Resume preparation, mock interviews, group discussions, aptitude tests, IQ & personality development.
- Arranging guest lectures and workshops, industrial visits, and internship for students from engineering and management streams and work shadowing opportunities like compulsory rotatory internship or house surgeon-ship, rural posting etc., for medical, dental and paramedical students. This is critical for both intellectual and emotional development of the students and to help them tune into the frequency desired at workplace to perform at optimal levels right from day one of employment.
- Offering special coaching for competitive exams
- Providing guidance to students desirous of pursuing higher education
- Sending out placement brochures, Organising campus recruitment and pooled interview drives by constantly engaging with potential employers.