Nitte Vinaya Hegde can be described as an entrepreneur having made a successful foray into the field of education, a philanthropist, a technocrat, an avid sports lover, a family man and finally to describe in his own words a true human being. He towers over many others when it comes to his contribution in heralding the second renaissance in the field of education in undivided Dakshina Kannada district. Under the guidance of this great visionary Nitte Education Trust (NET) run by him has emerged as the largest Mangalore-based educational institution catering to basic and professional education. Being the son of a famous father late justice K S Hegde , Judge of the Supreme Court of India and Speaker of Lok Sabha, was not a deterrent for him to carve out his own place of eminenceMr. Vinaya Hegde also spearheads Lamina Group of Industries as the Group Chairman, which has a turnover in excess of Rs. 200 crores, employing more than 2,000 people. The group has a export turnover in excess of Rs. 100 crores to countries like Germany, U.S.A, U.K, Korea, Finland, Belgium and others. The flagship company Lamina Suspension Products Ltd, which was founded in the year 1976, manufacturing Automobile Leaf SpringsMr. Vinaya Hegde was the Chief Promoter of Marmagoa Steels Limited, a Mini Steel Plant set up at Margao, Goa, in 1989. He was former Chairman of CII, Mangalore Chapter and was nominated by the Government of Karnataka as Industrial Representative in the Governing Council of KREC, Suratkal, (now NITK) and held this office till the institution was elevated as National Institute of Technology. He was appointed by the Government of Karnataka as Chairman of Coastal Agenda Task Force, constituted for drafting long term plan for the comprehensive development of the Coastal Districts. He is also a former Chairman of Board of Governors of National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, by HRD Ministry of Govt. of India, member of Mangalore University Syndicate and Academic Council, and a member of Governing Council of Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.The Coastal Agenda Task Force headed by him played a key role in proposing the Special Economic Zone for this region, which is now becoming a reality.
A great sports lover that he is Vinaya Hegde was responsible for awakening the sporting spirit among Mangaloreans by conducting national sports for the first time in the district headquarters in 1984 under the aegis of Lamina Groups. He had a part to play in the development of some national-level athletes from the district. In memory of his late father, under the chairmanship of Mr. Hegde , the Nitte Education Trust has established a Foundation has been established in 1992, which he heads, and the Foundation undertakes charitable works like village adoption, housing, education and healthcare, resettlement of displaced children and vocational training
In recognition of his distinguished and longstanding service in the fields of education and industry Mr. N. V. Hegde has been conferred with “Honorary Doctorate” by the Mangalore University.
When the Nitte (Deemed to be University) was established in 2008, he became the Chancellor. Under his farsighted leadership, in a short span of just four years, Nitte (Deemed to be University) has been placed under category “A” by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, which is a rare distinction and achievement.
Prof. (Dr.) M. Shantharam Shetty completed his MBBS from the Government Medical College, Mysore in 1964 and MS (Ortho) from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1970. He also holds F.A.C.S , F.I.A.M.S, F.I.C.S.(Ortho) and has been conferred with F.R.C.S from the Royal College of Surgeons, England.He has over 40 years of experience in teaching medical students and has trained more than 300 post graduate students in Orthopaedics.
He started his career with the Nitte group as the first Dean of K S Hegde Medical Academy from 1998 to 2007 and later became the first Vice Chancellor when Nitte (Deemed to be University) was established with 5 constituent colleges viz., K S Hegde Medical Academy, A.B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nitte Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences and Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy. He held the post of Vice Chancellor from 2008 to 2012.An active academician, he has presented over 200 scientific papers at International, National and State Conferences with 47 publications to his credit. He has delivered expert lectures at National & International conferences and Symposia. He has received the Best Paper Award 4 times and has co-authored a book and written a chapter in one. He has occupied several important academic positions like Member of the Senate, Academic Council , Board of Studies of several Indian Universities, Inspector for the National Board and Medical Council of India. He is also the Post Graduate Examiner to the National Board, various Indian Universities and International SICOT Examiner in Orthopaedics held in different parts of the world.
Being a multi faceted personality he is associated with service and non-governmental organizations and has been responsible for their overall growth. He is the President of Vocational Rehabilitation Centre since 1980 which trains physically challenged children in computer education. He is also associated with the D.K Handicapped Association, Indian Red Cross, Lions Artificial Limb Centre, Indian Orthopaedic Association as their Presidents / Director. He was the AO Trustee Switzerland nominee from India during the period from 2005 to 2010. He has been nominated by AO Foundation, Switzerland as Chairman, AO Trauma India.
Prof. Shetty is the recipient of several honours and fellowships such as The Karnataka Rajyotsava Award for meritorious service in the field of Medicine in 1991, AO Fellowship to Germany in 1983, AADO Fellowship to Netherlands and U.K. in 1996, Ranawat Fellowship to USA in 1989, International Lions President Award for the work for physically handicapped, Indian Medical Association Award for meritorious service in 1999, International Lion President’s Award for Leadership in 1996, Rotary Vocational Service Award in 2000, Vandana Award (Rotary) for meritorious service in the field of Medicine 2004 etc.
Has been a regular faculty for AO Principal, ORP and Advanced and Masters Course held in India and various other Asia Pacific Countries. In short, Dr. Shetty has made a mark as a teacher, educationalist, administrator and a surgeon.
Mr. Vishal Hegde is an industrialist and academic administrator with more than two decades of experience in general administration. Mr. Vishal Hegde is a management graduate specializing in marketing. He has in his world of endeavour both enterprise and education.
Mr. Vishal Hegde holds the position of Trustee, Nitte Education Trust, which is a renowned premier educational organization in Karnataka managing over 30 institutions in 3 campuses at Mangaluru, Nitte and Bangalore. With a student base of over 25000 they include medical, dental, engineering, management, allied health sciences, hospitality and technical, liberal education institutions, a host of Schools and a large multispecialty hospital. Mr. Vishal Hegde is responsible for strategic planning, collaboration and quality management and oversees the philanthropic activities that include community development, health-care and insurance and empowerment. The stellar role that he has been playing has made the educational institutions under the Trust and the University one of the most sought after destination for studies by students not only from India but from other countries too.
He joined Lamina Suspension Products (Pvt) Ltd. in the year 1992 as a Director. As a the Director of Lamina Group of Companies which is a 2000 employee, Rs. 1500 Million group engaged in the manufacture and export of automobile leaf springs and brake-drums. He is in charge of the Marketing and New Product Development functions and admirably takes credit for the success of the group. He is also the Director of group companies, such as, Lamina International, Lamina Foundries Ltd., Manmet Engineering Product Ltd. and Lamina Leasing Ltd.
He is currently the Pro-Chancellor of the University with the responsibilities for financial administration, procurement management and global initiatives of the University. He is widely travelled in India and abroad.
Prof. (Dr.) Satheesh Kumar Bhandary
Vice Chancellor, Nitte (Deemed to be University) since 10th
November 2017 and continuing
M.S. (E. N. T.), J.J.M. Medical College, Mysore University, 1986
D. L. O., Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore University, 1984
M. B. B. S., Mysore Medical College, Mysore University, 1979
Certification and Registration
Registered in Karnataka Medical Council, Registration No. KMC18762
Fellowships and Training
Indian Association of Otolaryngologists (IAO) Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery at Tata Memorial Cancer Institute, Mumbai (1984)
Professor of ENT (Dec 1998 onwards)
K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore, India
Associate Professor (1995 – 1998)
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
Assistant Professor (1988-1994)
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
Clinical Appointments and Consulting Positions
Visiting ENT Consultant (2001 onwards)
New Mangalore Port Trust Hospital,Panambur, Mangalore, India
Consultant ENT Surgeon (1986-1988)
Alva’s Health Centre, Moodabidri, India
Administrative and Leadership Roles
Honors and Awards
- Dean, KS Hegde Medical Academy 11-07-2012 to 09-11-2017
- Vice Dean, KS Hegde Medical Academy 01-06-2007 to 10-07-2012
- Head of Department, ENT, KS Hegde Medical Academy 01-01-1999 to 10-07-2012
- “AryaBhataAward”for Excellence in the field of Medicine by Aryabhata Cultural Association, Bangalore (2006)
- “Distinguished Alumni Award” the Manipal Academy Of Higher Education, Manipal (1994)
- “Eminent Educationist Award” by the National & International Compendium, New Delhi (2012).
- 29 years of teaching experience –Medical Courses
- Contributions to development and implementation of undergraduate curricula in capacities of Professor, HOD, Member of Board of Studies and Member of Academic Council.
- 23 years of post-graduate teaching experience
- Recognized Post-graduate and Ph.D. Guide at Nitte (Deemed to be University)
- Guided 20 PG students - MS (ENT), DNB (ENT)
- Contributions to development and implementation of postgraduate curricula in capacities of Professor, HOD and Member of Board of Studies and Member of Academic Council.
- Recognized PhD Guide at Nitte (Deemed to be University) – 8 years
- Noise induced hearing loss
- Stroboscopic evaluation in voice disorders
- Radio-protective phytoceuticals
- ‘Establishment and Expression of Markers in Stem/Progenitor Cells from Human Tympanic Membrane’ – funded by Nitte (Deemed to be University) (Rs.1.10 lakhs, 2017)
- ‘A study on Phytochemical constituents and potential of oroxylum indicum stem bark extracts’ - funded by Nitte (Deemed to be University) (Rs.1.20 lakhs, 2016-17).
funded by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Government of India (Rs. 10.94 Lakhs, 2014-2017)
- ‘Evaluation of Protective Activity of Asparagus racemosus Root Extract and Isoprinosine against Electron Beam Radiation Induced Immunosuppression’-
- ‘Evaluation and Optimization of Radio protective Activity of Bioactive Natural and Synthetic Compounds against whole body electron Beam irradiation’ – funded by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Government of India (Rs. 16 Lakhs, 2011-2014)
- ‘Prevalence of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and its influence on treatment
Outcome in patients with Head and Neck Squamous cell carcinoma
(HNSCC)’ - funded by Nitte (Deemed to be University) (Rs.1 lakh, 2013-15)
Membership in Professional Societies
Conducted ENT check-up and follow up camps for school children with specific reference to the hearing impaired and also arranged hearing aids for the hearing impaired children through service organizations like Lions Club Mangalore and Indian Medical Association, Bantwal Annually since 1995.
“Project Nishabdha”, an ongoing community project on the detection of Noise induced hearing loss in individuals working in a noisy environments and creation of awareness about noise induced hearing loss.
Was instrumental in establishing the “Mangalore Laryngectomee Club” at K.S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore which is the only registered member Club of “The International Laryngectomee Association (IAL)” in India. The mission of the IAL is to support individuals and their families, who have lost their voice due to the removal of their larynx by assisting and coordinating educational/support conferences and continuing the legacy of one laryngectomee helping another out of voicelessness
Invited Lectures / Workshops Sessions / Panelist
- Indian Medical Association
- Secretary Indian Medical Association, South Kanara Branch in 1996
- Treasurer Indian Medical Association, South Kanara Branch in 1997
- President Indian Medical Association South Kanara Branch in 2008
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI)
- President, Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Karnataka chapter in 2006-07.
- President, Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Karavali Branch in 1999-2000
- Indian Society of Otologists
- Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists
- Association of Phonosurgeons of India
Association of Indian Universities Roundtable of Vice Chancellors of Health Sciences Universities held on October 10th & 11th, 2017 at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sceinces, Tirupati.
Update on Pharmacotherapy of Joint Disorders & Osteoporosis CME held on 18th August 2017 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru.
- Two days Hands on Workshop on Fluorescence In Situ Hybradization (FISH) held on 21st & 22nd July 2017 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- International Otology Workshop-2017 (IOW), held at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai from 14th to 16th July 2017.
- 5th International Conference on Waste Management, Ecology and Biological Sciences (WMEBS-2017) held on 17th & 18th May 2017 at Istanbul (Turkey).
- Three Day Workshop on BIODOSIMETRY held on 4th – 6th May 2017 under the auspices of Indian Society for Radiation Biology (ISRB), India organized by Dept. Of Radiation Oncology & Central Research Laboratory, K.S.Hegde Medical Academy at Nitte (Deemed to be University), KSHEMA, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- International Conference on “Malaria in Global Health” under the auspices of National Institute of Health (NIH) held on 17th & 18th March 2017 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- One Day Workshop on ‘Bio-safety Guidelines and Practices for Healthcare and Research’ organized by Institutional Bio-safety Committee (IBSC) held on 13th January 2017 at Nitte (Deemed to be University), Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- UNESCO Chair in Bioethics Haifa – Workshop on to fulfil the objectives of Stimulating, teaching, Training and research in bioethics in Medical & Health Sc. Education on 28th to 30th November 2016 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Otology ISOCON 2016 on 18th to 20th November 2016 at Kozhikode, Kerala.
- CME & Live Surgical Workshop on Balloon Sinoplasty & Endoscopic Frontal Sinus Surgery on 12th & 13th November 2016 at AJ HRC , AJ Hospital & Research Centre, Mangalore.
- International Conference on Radiation Biology (ICRB 2016) on 9th to 11th November 2016 at SRM University, Chennai.
- 34th AOIKCON – 2016 held from 8th to 11th September 2016 at SIMS, Shivamogga.
- Master Class Live Surgery Workshop in Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Bangalore on 19th & 20th August 2016.
- Dr.L.H.Hiranandani AOI MID-TERM National Conference 2016 held on 27th, 28th & 29th May 2016 at Capital Village, Madikeri.
- Workshop on Otology with Hands on Temporal bone dissection course held at Kasturba Medical College & Hospital, Manipal on 5th & 6th March 2016.
- 3rd Live Workshop on Snoring and Sleep Apnoea – Basic & Advanced held on 27th & 28th February 2016 at Chinnammal ENT Medical Education & Research Institute, Kilpauk, Chennai
- International Conference on Radiation Research: Impact on Human Health and Environment (ICRR-HHE 2016) organized by Society for Radiation Research at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai from 11th to 13th February 2016.
- CalMed ENT – 2016 organized by the Department of ENT, Govt. Medical College, Calicut in association with AOI, Kerala State Branch held on 9th and 10th January 2016 at Govt. Medical College, Calicut.
- National Workshop on Clinical Research Methodology held on 29th – 31st October 2015 at KSHEMA, Mangalore
- National Conference on Current Status of Stem Cells and Cell based Therapy with Emphasis on Orthopaedic Applications on 3rd & 4th October 2015 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- 33rd AOIKCON 2015 held at NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bengaluru on 18th, 19th & 20th September 2015.
- Society for Education and research on Vertigo, Deafness and Tinnutus 16th Workshop on Neurotology & Medical Audiology from 11th to 14th September 2015 at Kolkata.
- CME on Vector Borne Diseases held at the Department of Community Medicine, KSHEMA, Nitte (Deemed to be University), Mangalore on 25th July 2015.
- Workshop on Head & neck Surgery & Hands-on Workshop on Laser Surgery in ENT Head & Neck held on 13-15, March 2015 at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- ELIXIR 2015 International Undergraduate Medical Conference held on 6th – 7th March 2015 organized by K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore.
- CME on Drug Presentation: Current Scenario held on 12th December 2014 KSHEMA, Mangalore
- 4th National Conference of Society of Biological Scientists of India SOBSICON 2014 on 18th – 20th November 2014 at Yenepoya University Campus, Deralakatte.
- 23rd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Otology on November 14, 15 & 16, 2014 at Chennai.
- 4th India ENT Conclave 2014 Conference at Mumbai on 23rd August 2014.
- Resource person in the workshop Master Class Live Surgery held on 16-08-2014 at
Vijaya ENT Care Centre. Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- Resource person in the workshop ‘Qualitative method in Health Research’ held on
24th& 25th May 2014 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore
- Resource per in CME on Temporal Bone Dissection, PG-Mock Exam and OSCE held
on 7th, 8th& 9th March 2014 at K.S.hegde Medical Academy, Derlakatte, Mangalore
- Resource person in CME on ‘Nephrology & General Medicine’ held on 03-03-2014 at
K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- Resource person at 2nd International (Rhinoplasty Workshop / Cadaveric Dissection
course) held on the 6th, 7th& 8th September 2013 at Mimer Medical College,
- Resource person in the ISOCON 2013 held at NIMHANS Convention Centre
Bangalore on 8th, 9th and 10th of November 2013.
- Resource person in Nanomedicine and Molecular Biology organized by the dept. of
Biochemistry, KSHEMA on 21st to 23rd November 2013 at K.S.Hegde Medical
Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- Delivered Invited lecture on “Treasure to unearth - Medicinal Plants in Western
Ghats” at the 33rdAnnual Conference of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists
International Symposium on Recent Trends and Advances in Biomedical Research-
an Integrated Approach held on November 1-3, 2012 at K. S. Hegde Auditorium,
- Learned speaker &Symposist in the Seminar – Workshop on Management of Oral
& Maxillofacial Cancer & Working – Group Meeting on 23 June, 2012, at A.B.Shetty
40. Resource Person, Workshop on Head & Neck Onco-Surgery held on 1 – 3 June
2012 at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Resource Person, Fusion Radio ENT workshop held at Rajarajeshwari Medical
College on 4th February 2012.
- Invited Speaker, International conference on “Emerging frontiers and challenges in
radiation biology” on January 24 and 25th at Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Resource Person, 3rd Rhinoplasty hands- on Workshop held at JJ hospital, Mumbai
from 9th to 11th December 2011
- Moderator for the Cadaveric dissection during Phonocon KMC 2011 held at
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 2nd & 3rd Sept 2011.
- Panelist at “Vertigo” Panel discussion at Bangalore on 19/07/2011.
- Resource Person at “Workshop on Head & Neck Surgery and Hands-on Workshop
on Laser Surgery in ENT & Head and Neck” On 27-29, March 2009 at KMC.
- Resource Person, “National CME & Live Surgical Workshop on Phonosurgery&
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery” on 8th, 9th & 10th May 2009 at K M C, Mangalore -
delivered a Lecture on “Fungal Sinusitis”.
- Delivered a guest lecture “Common Problems in ENT” – Indian Medical
Association, Putturon May 2009.
- Resource Person at “Temporal Bone Dissection Course” at Medical Trust Hospital,
Kochi on 3rd May 2009.
- Delivered lecture “Discharging Ear” at Surathkal IMA meeting on 24th September
- Panelist in “Headache and sinusitis” IMA south canara branch – 2008.
- Panelist in Panel discussion on “Allergic rhinitis”, 26th AOI state conference at
Davangere from 29th to 31st August 2008
- Invited Speaker, CME/ENT Head & Neck update held at Manipal, on 9th July 2008 –
Lecture on “Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma”.
- Delivered talks on “Familiarizing Endoscopic sinus surgery instruments” on
10/05/08 and “Balloon sinuplasty” on 11/5/2008 at AOI Malabar branch 20th
Annual Conference 2008 at Calicut on 10th & 11th May 2008.
- Addressed family Doctors association of Mangalore and gave a talk on “Recent
Trends in the management of Sinusitis”.
- Addressed AOI, Calicut Branch and gave lecture on Voice Rehabilitation in
Laryngectomy patients, 19th & 20th December 2007.
- Chairperson for the 7th National Conference of the Foundation for Head & Neck
Oncology held on 26th, 27th & 28th October 2007 at Mangalore
- AOI south zone & Kerala state annual conference, “SZENTCON “ on 5th, 6th & 7th
October 2007 held at Thiruvananthapuram- was a panelist on “Nasal polyposis”.
- Invited Speaker, Golden Jubilee celebration of Calicut Medical College- Symposium
on ENT: Delivered a guest lecture on “FRONTAL SINUS MADE EASY” and
participated in a panel discussion on Cholesteatoma on 21st January 2007.
- Delivered a lecture on “Allergic Fungal Sinusitis” during AOI Tamilnadu conference
held at Ooty in September 2006
- Invited Speaker, CME in ENT and Head & Neck Oncology held on 21st January
2006 in JJMMC, Davangere.
- Delivered a guest oration titled “Paediatric Endoscopic Sinus surgery (ESS)” and
moderated a panel discussion titled “Is tonsillectomy justified in chronic tonsillitis
without aerodigestive tract obstruction?” in the Paediatric Otolaryngology
conference held at Fr. Muller Medical College on 15th October 2005
- Moderated a panel discussion on “Phonosurgery ” in the International Live
Surgical workshop & CME on Head & Neck Diseases and Skull base tumors held
from 23rd to 25th September 2005 at Kasturba Medical College , Mangalore
- Live surgical demonstration of Endoscopic DacryoCystoRhinostomy (DCR) in a
Workshop on” Nasal sinus endoscopy -Emerging frontiers in FESS” on 3rd
September 2005 held at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore.
- Resource Person, Third Live Surgery Workshop on FESS at Kasturba Medical
College, Mangalore on 24th & 25th May 2003
- Invited Talk, “Rhinosinogenic Headache - Recent Trends In Management”,
organized by Indian Medical Association (IMA), Puttur on 17th May 2003
- Delivered a talk on “Allergic Fungal Sinusitis” to the AOI Malabar Branch at Calicut
on 3rd & 4th May
- Resource Person, 8th Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Workshop in Singapore from 30th
November to 2nd December 2002.
- Moderator in an operative session during the National Conference On Otology in
Kochi between 15-17th November 2002.
- Panelist for “Endoscopic Sinus Surgery” during the International FESS Hands On
Workshop in Manipal from 11-13th October, 2002.
- Panelist for “Headache in children” conducted by the Karnataka Chapter of AOI
and Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologist of India at Bangalore on 30-31st
- Chaired a Live Endoscopic surgery session during the KKR FESS workshop in
Chennai on 30th & 31st August 2002
- Delivered a Guest lecture on “Near Total Laryngectomy-our experience” during
the 7th CME of AOI Manipal branch held on 4th May 2002
- South Zone ENT Conference at Manipal on 4th to 6th October 2001 - Panellist in
Panel Discussion of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.
- Resource Person, FESS 2001 at Cochin on 21st October 2001
- Resource Person, International Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Workshop at
Chennai in April 2001.
- Resource Person, IVth International Hands-on Workshop on “Temporal Bone
- Microsurgical Dissection” and “2nd KTP/532 Laser Workshop” held in Manipal in
- Bhandary BSK, Sharmila KP, Kumari NS, Bhat VS, Fernandes R. Acute and subacute toxicity profile of asparagus racemosus root extract, isoprinosine and shatvari syrup in swiss albino mice. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2017 May;7(5):129–35.
- Philip P, Bhandary SK, Aroor R, Bhat V, Pratap D. The effect of mobile phone usage on hearing in adult population. Indian Journal of Otology. 2017 Jan;23(1): 1–6.
- Diode laser – An ideal tool for inferior turbinate reduction in allergic rhinitis/Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B, Rishi Ajay Khanna, Vadisha Shrinivas Bhat & Rajeshwary Aroor –. Nitte (Deemed to be University) journal of health science, page 27-31., Vol.6, No.3, September 2016. ISSN 2249-7110.
- “Adult adenoid hypertrophy, is it persistent childhood adenoid hypertrophy?/ Shama Shetty, Rajeshwary Aroor, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Vadish S Bhat, marina Saldanha, Shravan Alva –– Medical Journal of Dr. DY Patil university, Volume 9 / Issue 2 /March –April 2016. Page 216-218.
- Assessment of serum antioxidant levels in oral and oropharyngeal carcinoma patients/ Bhat SV, Nayak KR, Kini S, Bhandary SKB, Kumari SN, Bhat SP. Internet Journal of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. 2016;2(1):1–5.
- “Calculus in Preauricular Sinus: A Case Report” / Saldanha Marina, Bhat Vadisha S, Bhandary Satheesh K, K Jayaramesh- Otolaryngology online journal, ISSN:2250-0359 Volume 6, issue 1, 2016.
- Novel Approach to rhinosporidiosis/ Rajeshwary Aroor, Madhukar Muniswamy Gowda, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Vadisha Bhat - , - Otology clinics: An International journal, May-August 2015. 6(2): 55-57.
- “External ear infections in diabetics – challenges in management/ Vadish Bhat, Dr Shubha P Bhat, Dr. Harish Rao, Dr. Satheesh Kumar Bhandary –– Otolaryngology online journal. ISSN : 2250-0359, vol 5, issue 4 , 2015.
- Oral and oropharyngeal malignancy: A clinicopathological study / Bhat SP, Bhat VS, Permi H, Shetty JK, Aroor R, Bhandary SKB.. Internet Journal of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. 2015;1(1):1–7.
- Oncocytoma of parotid gland: case report/ Bhat VS, Bhandary SKB, Aroor R, Shetty S, Alva S.. The Southeast Asian Journal of Case Report and Review. 2015 Oct;4(5):1998–2004.
- “Phytochemical profi;e and invitro antioxidant activity of asparagus racemosus root extract, Isoprinosine and shatavari syrup”/Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B, Sharmila K P, Suchetha Kumari N, Vadish Bhat –– Journal of Harmonized research (JOHR) 3(4), 2015, 215-223.
- Malignant otitis externa - a retrospective study of 15 patients treated in a tertiary healthcare center / Bhat V, Aziz A, Bhandary SK, Aroor R, Kamath SD, Saldanha M.. The Journal of International Advanced Otology. 2015 Apr;11(1):72–6.
- Mucoceles of paranasal sinuses/ Bhat VS, Kamath PSD, Bhandary BSK, Rajeshwary
A, Saldanha M, Philip P.. National Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and
Neck Surgery. 2015;3–12(1):24–6.
- Extraosseous ameloblastoma of maxillary gingiva- a case report.Bhat V1,
Bhandary SK1, Bhat SP2.Indian J Surg Oncol. 2014 Sep;5(3):211-3. doi:
10.1007/s13193-014-0328-1. Epub 2014 Jul 1.
- . Radiological evidence of frequency of involvement of paranasal sinuses in chronic
rhinosinusitis/ Scaria ST, Bhandary SK, Aroor R, Bhat VS. Research and Reviews:
Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 2014 April-June 3(2):118-121
- Radioprotective Potential Of Punicagranatum Extract And Synthetic Ellagic Acid: A Biochemical And Hematological Study In Mice./Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B, Sharmila K.P , Suchetha Kumari.N , Vadisha S. Bhat 4 &Ganesh Sanjeev. GlobalIlluminators. 2014 1, 339-345
- Assessment of Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Punica granatum L. Ethanol Extracts and Synthetic Ellagic Acid in Swiss Albino Mice/.BSK Bhandary, KP Sharmila, NS Kumari, VS Bhat. American Journal of Pharmacy and Health Research. 2014 2(4):70-81
- Asymptomatic mucormycosis of middle ear: An incidental finding during tympanoplasty/ Biniyam K., Bhat V., Bhandary S.K.B., Aroor R.. Indian Journal of Otology. April 2014 20(2):83-85
- Ameliorative activity of Punica granatum extracts and ellagic acid against radiation induced biochemical changes in swiss albino mice/ Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B., Sharmila K.P., DR.(MRS.) SUCHETHA KUMARI N., Bhat V.S., Ganesh S. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical,Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2014 March Apr. 5(2):1097-1107
- Clarifications concerning the case report on "extra-skeletal ewings sarcoma of the sinonasal tract"/ Kumar S.Y., Ninan K., Bhandary S.K., Prasad H.L.K., Shetty K.J., Makannavar J.H.Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutic. 2014 Jan 10(1):211-212
- Parotid Tumors: How Rare are They?/ R Aroor, C, Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Vadisha S Bhat, KS Gangadhara Somayaji. International Journal of Head and Neck Surgery. 2014;5(3):126-129
- Traumatic arteriovenous malformation of cheek: A case report and review of literature/ Bhat V.S., Aroor R., Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B., Shetty S.Otorhinolaryngology Clinics. 2014(1):23-27
- Metachronous nodal and nasal Rosai-Dorfman disease presenting with chronic renal failure/ Bhat S.P., Prasad H.L.K., Bhandary B.S.K., Baikunje S., Bhat V.. Clinical Rhinology. 2013 Sep- Dec 6(3):139-143.
- Silent sinus syndrome: A case report and review of literature/ Saldanha M., Bhat V., Bhandary B.S.K., Scaria S.T.Clinical Rhinology. 2013 Sep-Dec 6(3):144-148
- Frontal sinus mucocele following a trivial facial trauma, presenting as a pyocele-A Case Report/ SK Bhandary, VS Bhat, RA Khanna. Nitte (Deemed to be University) Journal of Health Science. March 2013 3(1):90-92
- A CASE OF SPHENOID SINUS MUCOCELE FOLLOWING ENDOSCOPIC SINUS SURGERY FOR FUNGAL SINUSITIS./ SK Bhandary, VS Bhat. Nitte (Deemed to be University) Journal of Health Science. December 2013 3(4):117-119
- Acute and subacute toxicity study of the ethanol extracts of Punica granatum (Linn). whole fruit and seeds and synthetic ellagic acid in swiss albino mice/ Satheesh Kumar Bhandary B., Sharmila K.P., Suchetha Kumari N., Vadisha Bhat S. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2013 6(suppl)192-198
- Significance of serum L-fucose glycoprotein as cancer biomarker in head and neck malignancies without distant metastasis/ Rathan Shetty S.K., Kumar Bhandary S., Kali A. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2013 Dec 7(12):2818-2820
- Assessment of Antioxidant Potential of Various Extracts of Punica granatum Linn:An Invitro Study/ Bhandary SKB, Kumari SN, Bhat VS, Sharmila KP. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences. 2013 Apr-June 2(2):725-729.
- Multiple Laryngeal Papillomatosis in an Adult Masquerading as a Laryngeal Malignancy: A Case Report/ Bhandary SK, Bhat VS. World Articles in Ear, Nose and Throat. 2013
- Otitis Media with Effusion in Relation to Socio Economic Status: A Community Based Study/ Bhat V., Aziz A., Bhandary S.K., Aroor R., Kamath P S.D., Saldanha M.The journal of international advanced otology. 2012 Jan-Mar 64(1):56-58
- Choanal Atresia - A Clinical study and Review of Literature/ Bhandary Sk, Bhat V. Shenoy SM. Nitte (Deemed to be University) Journal of Health Science. 2012 March 2(1):37-41
- Preliminary phytochemical screening of various extracts of Punica granatum peel, whole fruit and seeds/ Satheesh Kumar Bhandary , Suchetha Kumari N., Vadisha S. Bhat , Sharmila K.P., Mahesh Prasad Bekal. Nitte (Deemed to be University) Journal of Health Science. Dec 2012 2(4):34-38
- Congenital rubella syndrome: It still exists in india/ Bhandary S.K., Shwetha Shenoy M., Bhat V.S., Biniyam K., Shenoy V.. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2012 Apr 6(2):301-302
- A Rare Case of Lupus Carcinoma of External Nose/ Bhat V.S., Bhandary S.K., Shenoy M.S., Sathish Chandra B.K., Girish B.S.Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. July-Sep 2011 2(3):215-217.
- LARYNGECTOMY: FROM STRIDOR TO SURVIVAL-OUR EXPERIENCE/ SK Bhandary, Vadish S. Bhat, M. Shwetha Shenoy. Nitte (Deemed to be University) Journal of Health Science. Sep 2011 1(1-3):75-80.
- Rhinophyma-Excision by Diode Laser/ SK Bhandary, VS Bhat. World Articles in Ear, Nose and Throat. 2011.
- Common foreign body, unusual site/ Bhandary S.K., Kolathingal B., Bhat V.S., Srinivas B.P. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. 145(6):1060-1061.
- Neck schwannoma masquerading as acarotid body tumour/ Bhandary SK, Vaidhyanathan V, Bhat V, Biniyam K, Shenoy S. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2011 June 5(3):654-656.
Presentations at Conferences and Scientific Meetings
- Bhandary BSK. KSHEMA Herbal garden: a collection of rare medicinal palnts
of coastal Karnataka. Mangalore: Nitte (Deemed to be University); 2017.
- Bhandary BSK. Kivi-ondu kivimatu. Mangalore: Suman Publication; 2016.
- “Implementing ICMR guidelines on Ethics in Medical Research – Role of Institutional Ethic Committee and importance of Good Clinical Practice Training” in Association of Indian Universities Roundtable of Vice Chancellors of Health Sciences Universities held on October 10th & 11th, 2017 at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- ‘Protective Efficacy of Asparagus Racemosus Root Ethanolic Extract and Isoprinosine against Electron Beam Radiation induced Cytokine and Bone Marrow Cellularity alteration in Swiss Albino Mice’ in 5th International Conference on Waste Management, Ecology and Biological Sciences (WMEBS-2017) held on 17th & 18th May 2017 at Istanbul (Turkey)
- ‘Asparagus Racemosus Root Ethanolic Extract Prevents electron beam radiation induced Lipid Peroxidation and Micronucleus formation in swiss albino mice in International Conference on Radiation Biology (ICRB 2016) on 9th to 11th November 2016 at SRM University, Chennai.
- 'Antigenotoxic Potential of Asparagus racemosus Root Extract against Electron Beam Radiation Induced Micronuclei Formation in Swiss Albino Mice' poster presentation at International Conference on Radiation Research: Impact on Human Health and Environment (ICRR-HHE 2016) , ‘Feb. 11-13, 2016’ at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai.
- Won the Best Paper Award for the presentation titled “Radio protective Potential of
PunicaGranatum extract and Synthetic Ellagic acid: A Biochemical and
Hematological study in Mice” in International Conference on ‘Global Trends in
Academic Research (GTAR 2014)’ held at Bali, Indonesia on June 2-3, 2014.
- International Conference on Radiation Biology & Clinical Applications held on 25 – 27
October 2013 at K.S.Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore.
- “Uncinectomy& MMA” at AOI Southcon&Kentcon – 2011, held at Calicut, on 14th to
16th October 2011.
- Won the gold medal for the best video presentation on Rhinosporidiosis at 23rd
Karnataka State Conference May, 2005 at Hubli.
- “Near Total Laryngectomy-Our Experience” at the National ENT Conference held at
Cochin in January 2000.
- Co-authored a paper titled “Innovations in ENT” presented by Sai Ram Bharathan in the South Zone conference. Mangalore, October 1999 which won the Bronze Medal in the P.P Devan Gold Medal Category.
- Co-authored a paper titled “Voice Conservation Surgeries In Laryngeal Cancer” presented by JayaramGowda at the South Zone ENT conference, Mangalore, October 1999, which won a Bronze Medal in its category.
- “Delusional Disorders in EntOpd “at the South Zone Conference at Bangalore in July 1998.
- “Oral Cancers A Clinical Study “in South Zone ENT conference ’98 held at Bangalore.
- “Reconstruction Of The Nose “ in South Zone ENT Conference ’98 held at Bangalore
- “Reconstruction of the Nose With Frontotemporal Flap” in STATECON 1998.
- “Comparative Study in the Management of Auricular Pseudocysts” in STATECON 97 held at Belgaum.
- “Tongue Flap In Reconstruction of Oral Cancer” in State conference of Otolaryngology held at Bangalore in 1996.
- “Reconstruction of NoseAfterCancer Surgery Of Nose” South Zone Conference of Otolaryngology held at Vijayawada in September 1994.
- “Haemangiomas in ENT “at the South Zone Conference of Otolaryngology in the year 1994 held at Vijayawada.
- “A Rare Case of NeurilemmomaofThe Maxillary Sinus” in 44th Annual Conference of Association of Otolaryngologists of India held at Bombay in 1992.
- “Laryngeal Involvement In Von RecklingHausen’s Disease” in South Zone Conference
of Otolaryngology, 1990
Dr. Moodithaya assumed charge as the Pro Vice-Chancellor of Nitte (Deemed to be University) on 10th November, 2017. He was earlier the Registrar of the University since November 2013 and Director-Global Initiatives of the University from January 2011 to November 9, 2017. He was the director of Justice K S Hegde institute of Management, Nitte for nearly 13 years, after being the Principal of Dr. NSAM First Grade College Nitte for two years. Dr. Moodithaya is a postgraduate in Cost Accounting from University of Mysore and a postgraduate diploma holder in Marketing and Sales Management from Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, Bombay. Mangalore University has awarded him the degree of Ph.D. for his thesis on “The issue of Problems and Prospects of Rural Industries in the Context of Globalization”. Before joining the Nitte Group in May 1997 Dr. Moodithaya had taught at SDM College of Business Management, Mysore University Post Graduate Centre at Davanagere and MGM College, Udupi.
During his teaching, consultancy and research career of more than three decades, Dr. Moodithaya has published six books, several articles in peer reviewed journals and completed more than a dozen research projects funded by organizations like Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, Karnataka State Agriculture and Marketing Board, Corporation Bank, NABARD, Ford Foundation, ICSSR, Indian Overseas Bank, Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India etc. He has also guided and produced Ph Ds on contemporary issues in management in the fields of Corporate Philanthropy, Quality Management System and Financial Inclusion.
Dr. Moodithaya has worked as an advisor to several organizations and is widely traveled in India and abroad and visited countries like USA, Japan, UK, France, Switzerland, Kenya, UAE, Ethiopia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada, Uganda, Germany, Belgium, Oman, Philippines, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia, Netherlands, China etc. on teaching, research and consultancy assignments. He serves in the Boards of Universities, for- profit and not-For-Profit organizations. He has strong research interests in International Business Strategy, Financial Inclusion and Sustainable Development.
Vinutha J. Shetty is a qualified Chartered Accountant having the 19 years of fruitful working experience in the Nitte Group Companies.
Vinutha J Shetty is a Commerce Graduate from Mangaluru University and has become the member of prestigious Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India in the year 1995.
She joined the Lamina Group of Companies in the year 1995 as an Executive (Audit & Finance) where she handled the Accounts & Internal Audit of Lamina Suspension Products Ltd., Padmashree Hospital & Research Centre, Lamina Leasing Private Limited and other Group Companies.
In the year 2002, she has been taken to the wings of Nitte Education Trust as an Executive-Accounts and was responsible for Financial, Accounting and Audit matters of various institution of the Nitte Group.
In the year 2008, when Nitte Education Trust has been awarded with status of Deemed University , she has been appointed as the Finance Officer of Nitte (Deemed to be University). As a Finance Officer of the Nitte (Deemed to be University) she is responsible for the Preparation, verification and dissemination of Critical Monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports coupled with budgeting and forecasting. She is also involved in monitoring the financial health of the various institutions coming under the Nitte (Deemed to be University) and Nitte Education Trust. She is responsible for Accounting, Finance and Tax related matters of the University and for monitoring and documenting various statutory returns.
Vinutha J. Shetty is also an Ex Officio Secretary of the Finance Committee of Nitte (Deemed to be University).
Mrs. Sayi Prasanna Hegde is a graduate in Commerce. She also holds a Diploma in Investment Management. She has more than 2 decades of experience in educational administration and has been with the Nitte Group since 1990.
She is also the Administrative Officer of the Nitte Education Trust which has a number of schools and colleges under it. As Deputy Registrar of the of the Nitte (Deemed to be University), she is in charge of admissions and assists the Pro-Chancellor in general administration. She is also in charge of publicity for the Trust and the University.