Centre for Studies in Tulu Culture
NITTE has established the Centre for Tulu Studies for research work on Tulu heritage and regional culture. Tulu is the first off shoot of Proto South Dravidian language and one among the ‘Pancha Dravida’ languages along with Tamil, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam.
Initiatives of the Centre:
- ‘Tulu Jnatipadakosha’ - A Dravidian Cognate Dictionary: an ongoing project.
- Spoken Tulu classes to new learners
- Collection and Restoration of Tuluva artefacts
- Establishment of Tulu library
- Compilation of Tri-lingual English- Kannada-Tulu Dictionary
- Guidance to research scholars
- Guest lectures on Tulu related themes
For further details, contact Dr. Sayeegeetha (email@example.com