Facilities available at Biotechnology Research Labs
- High-performance liquid chromatography (sometimes referred to as high-pressure liquid chromatography is a chromatographic technique that can separate a mixture of compounds and is used in biochemistry and analytical chemistry to identify, quantity, and purify the individual components of the mixture. Also used in the study of various plant metabolites.
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy is a spectroanalytical procedure for the qualitative and quantitative determination of chemical elements employing the absorption of optical radiation (light) by free atoms in the gaseous state. In analytical chemistry, the technique is used for determining the concentration of a particular element (the analyte) in a sample to be analyzed. AAS can be used to determine over 70 different elements in solution or directly in solid samples.
- Gas chromatography (GC),is a common type of chromatography used in analytic chemistry for separating and analysing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition. Typical uses of GC include testing the purity of a particular substance or separating the different components of a mixture (the relative amounts of such components can also be determined). In some situations, GC may help in identifying a compound.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a scientific technique in molecular biology to amplify a single or a few copies of a piece of DNA across several orders of magnitude, generating thousands to millions of copies of a particular DNA sequence.
- Gel Doc, also known as Gel Documentation System, Gel Image System or Gel Imager, is widely used in molecular biology laboratories for the imaging and documentation of nucleic acid and protein polyacrylamide or agarose gels typically stained with ethidium bromide or other fluorophores. Generally, a Gel Doc comprises an ultraviolet (UV) light transilluminator, a hood to shield external light sources and a camera for image capturing.
- Ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy or ultraviolet-visible spectrophotometry (UV-Vis or UVIVis) It uses light in the visible and adjacent (near-UV and near-infrared (NIR)) ranges. The absorption or reflectance in the visible range directly affects the perceived color of the chemicals involved. In this region of the electromagnetic spectrum, molecules undergo electronic transitions. It is used for the analysis of various biological components.
Facilities Available At Condition Monitoring Laboratory
Centre for Condition Monitoring
Centre for Advanced Machining Research
A prototype micro-EDM research facility is developed indigenously. Pulsed power supply system, workpiece positioning system, tool feed control system and in situ tool wear and a~hining depth measurement systems are developed and integrated in to micro-EDM system. A 3D micro-EDM process simulation model is to be developed to estimate the tool wear compensation required to reach the desired depth of micromachining on workpiece. Nano particles of different sizes can be generated by controlling gap voltage, pulse-on time, and sparking frequency. Microchannels can be machined on conducting and semiconducting materials by providing tool rotations and the effect of process parameters on machining characteristics can be investigated.
Centre for System Design, Fabrication and Testing
Centre for Research on Vibration Isolation System
Centre for Tool Based Micromachining Research
Centre for Alternative Fuel Research
Research facility to study the hydraulic displacement amplification characteristics of a multilayer piezoelectric actuator:
In this research work an effort is made to investigate the displacement amplification characteristics of a multilayer piezoelectric actuator using hydraulic amplification principle. An electro-mechanical model is developed to estimate the displacement of a multilayer piezoelectric actuator for the applied input voltage considering the hysteresis behaviour. An embedded controller will be developed for the prototype actuator based on the developed mathematical model for the prototype actuator. Hardware-in-loop simulation will be performed for the different control strategies for the position and tracking control of the actuator.
Facilities available at Basic Science Research Labs
Diode Laser (Green – continuous, 1.0mW, 532nm,): To use as a source to determine the Refractive Index
Laser power meter: To measure the output power of Laser light Crystal growth
Polarizing microscope: To study birefringent crystals by obtaining conoscopic images and to determine the refractive index.
Spray Pyrolysis Equipment (For Thin Film Deposition)
Thermal Evaporation Unit (Vacuum deposition system)
Crystal growth apparatus with a constant temperature bath
- High-temperature Muffle Furnace
- Spin coater
- Electrochemical workstation, DC power analyzer
- Synthetic microwave oven, Centrifuge, Hot air oven
Facilities Available at ECE Research Lab
- XILINX, Zed Board,Zynq-7000ARM /FPGA/SOC development board
- NI my DAQ and my RIO student kit
- Proteus Software with accessories
- PCB Prototyping Machine ( NVIS)
- Texas Instruments Kits and accessories:
- Universal Multivendor development kit
Facilities Available at EEE Research Lab
- Roof Top Solar System 18kW Grid tie inverter
- JTAG Module
- SiC stack
- IGBT Stack
- GaN based bidirectional buck-boost converter
- PMAC motor
- Solar panel
Facilities Available at CSE Research Lab
- "HP Workstation HPZ600 Workstation, Intel(R) Xeon(R) , CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz, 8MB Cache, (Rack server), 4+2GB RAM, 500GB, 4TB (2) HDD HPLP2275W 22” LCD Monitor"
- "HP XW 4600 WORKSTATION Intel(R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 4GB RAM, 500+250- GB HDD, 17”TFT monitor (Rack server)"
- "Intel® Xeon™ Silver 4114 Processor (10 Cores, 20 Threads, 2.20 GHz, 13.75 MB Cache, 85W, DDR4-2400), 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC RDIMM (Rack server)"
Facilities Available at Acoustic Research Lab
Facilities Available at Acoustic Research Lab
- MATLAB Software, Simulink, Statistics and Machine Learning Neural Network & Tool Box Signal Processing
- High Performance with computing-enabled hardware OptiPlex 3060 MTXCTO
- Speech Recording and Processing Hardware OptiPlex 7460A10CTO
- Yamaha Mixer Console MG10XU
- Studio master microphone XR40HH
- Image Processing Tool Box CSWA132834
- Audio System Tool Box
- Audio Mixer (Interface)
- MS Software – Qbase
- Microphone with hockmount Pop filter
- 12550A Studio Equipment – Audio Technica ‘A’
- 12747A Studio Equipment M – Audio B X 5 D3
- 12548A Studio Equipment – Sennheiser – E 8455
- Guitar Accessories
- Music Instruments
- Audio processor/Internet streamer/encoder