Student Mentoring and Counselling
A group of 5 to 10 students are assigned to a teacher who will monitor and assist the students in academics and overall development. Orientation programs for fresh entrants, training in leadership, public speaking, effective communication, facing interviews are conducted regularly. Student support programs such as student welfare cell, placement & guidance cell and women's wingaddress the academic and psychological needs of the students.
Prevention of Ragging
NitteDU has a zero-tolerance policy on ragging and any other form student bullying. Every student and his/her parent/guardian is required submit an affidavit conforming compliance to the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions.
The University has a Anti-Ragging Committee chaired by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) Satheesh Kumar Bhandary. Each of the Constituent Colleges have Institutional Anti-Ragging Committees headed by the respective Deans / Principals.
The UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions and a copy of the proforma for Affidavits maybe accessed here
Prevention of Sexual Harassment
NitteDU is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which students, teachers and non-teaching staff can work together in an environment free of violence, harassment, exploitation, intimidation and stress. This includes all forms of gender violence, sexual harassment and discrimination based on sex/gender or amongst the same sex members. Every member of the NU should be aware that while the NU is committed to the right to freedom of expression and association, it strongly supports gender equality and opposes any form of gender discrimination and violence.
A Committee Against Sexual Harassment is constituted to promote a harassment free, healthy environment on campus. The current members of the Committee are:
- 1. Prof. (Dr.) Sukanya Shetty, Professor, KSHEMA Chairperson / Presiding Officer
- 2. Dr. Roopa Rani Bhandari, Assistant Professor, KSHEMA
- 3. Prof. (Dr.) M.S. Ravi, Professor, ABSMIDS
- 4. Dr. Prerana Shetty, Associate Professor, NGSMIPS
- 5. Ms. Dayamani, Office Superintendent, NUINS
- 6. Ms. Jyothi, Office Assistant, NIPT
- 7. Mr. Vishwas R Achar, Nitte Institute of Architecture Student representative
- 8. Ms. Bhuvana Kamath, Nitte Institute of Communication Student representative
- 9. Dr. Shambhavi Ashutosh Vaidya, KS Hegde Medical Academy Student representative
The University’s policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment may be accessed here
Prevention of Substance Use
NitteDU is committed to creating and maintaining a campus environment that is free of alcohol and ‘substance’ abuse. ‘Substance’ abuse harms students, threatens the safety of the environment, and disrupts the educational process and defeats the purpose for which a student is being educated. While the University takes a serious view of alcohol and ‘substance’ abuse on its campus, it strongly believes that the best way to maintain an appropriate campus environment with respect to drugs and alcohol is through preventive education about the dangers of drug abuse and compassionate attention to the needs of those who may require help with alcohol or other drug-related problems. To that end, the University provides on-campus support programs and services as well as information about related services that are available in the local community.
A Committee to promote a Substance-free campus is in place and its current composition is as follows:
International Students Cell
- 1. Prof. Dr. Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Vice-Chancellor (Chairperson)
- 2. Prof. Dr. M.S. Moodithaya, Pro Vice-Chancellor
- 3. Prof. Dr. Alka Kulkarni, Registrar
- 4. Prof. Dr. Harsha Halahalli, Director (CD)
- 5. Prof. Dr. P.S. Prakash, Dean, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy
- 6. Prof. Dr. Krishna Nayak U.S, Dean, ABSM Institute of Dental Sciences.
- 7. Prof. Dr. C.S. Shastry, Principal, N G S M Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- 8. Prof. Dr. Fathima D’Silva, Principal, Nitte Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences.
- 9. Prof. Dr. Dhanesh Kumar, Principal, Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy
- 10. Prof. Dr. Indrani Karunasagar, Director, Nitte University Centre Science Education and Research
- 11. Prof. Vinod Arhana, Director, Nitte Institute of Architecture
- 12. Mr. Raviraj, Head, Dept of Mass Communication and Journalism
- 13. Prof. Dr. Satheesh Rao, Head - Dept of Psychiatry, KS Hegde Medical Academy
- 14. Prof. (Dr.) Mahabalesh Shetty, Head- Dept. of Forensic Medicine, KS Hegde Medical Academy
- 15. Prof. Dr. Sukanya Shetty, Professor, KS Hegde Medical Academy
- 16. Dr. Srinath Kamath, Associate Professor, KS Hegde Medical Academy
- 17. Dr. Padmaraj Hegde, Lecturer, AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences
- 18. The University’s policy on Prevention of Substance Abuse may be accessed here
The International Student Cell facilitates all aspects of welfare of students from foreign countries including admissions, travel and stay regulations, campus stay and academic matters. International students may contact Mrs. Sayi Prasanna Hegde, Deputy. Director (Admin) and International Students Cell Co-ordinator for assistance.
Co-ordinator: Mrs. Sayi Prasanna Hegde | Tel: 0824-2204304 | Mob: 9740985018