JOURNAL OF HEALTH SCIENCE – DECEMBER ISSUE 2011
1. Status of lipid peroxidation and total antioxidant capacity in regular voluntary blood donors – Chandrika, Suchetha Kumari, Jayaprakash Shetty K, Kathyayani, Sharada V
2. Glove Perforation during orthopaedic surgery – A study – Shailesh Pao, M. Shantharam Shetty, M.Ajith Kumar, T Venkatesh
3. Evalution of effect of reused edible oils on vital organs of wistar rats – Shastry C.s, Patel NArendra Kumar Ambalal, Joshi Himanshu & ASwathanarayana B.J Department of Pharmacology, NGSM Institution of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Deralakatte, Mangalore – 575018, India
4. Prevalence of obesity among high school children in Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts - Keerha Kumar M, Prashanth K, Kavya Biazabeth Baby, Kavya Rashmi Rao Kumarkrishna B, Krishnamurthy Hegde, Mrinal Kumar, Manish shetty, navya N. kavya C.P, Sandeep Kumar G and Rahul R, Interns, K S Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University 575018
5. Concept mapping – An effective tool to promote critical thinking skills among nurses – T.Nirmala & B.S Shakuntala, vice Principa, PSG College of Nursing, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu & B.S Shakuntala Former Dean, AECS MAruthi College of Nursing, bangalore, karnataka, India
6. Comparison of the amount of apical extrusion of bacteria following the use of different instrumentation techniques – An in vitro Study – Mithra N. Hegde1 & Snehal Thatte, Senior Professor & Head, Postgraduate student, Dept. of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, A.B. Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Nitte University, Mangalore – 575 018, India
7. MOSQUITO CONTROL AND MALARIA STATUS IN MANGALORE – Bhagya Bhaskar, Hema Nidugala, Ramakrishna Avadhani MSc PhD, Lecturer, Department of Anatomy, Yenepoya Medical College, Yenepoya University, India. BAMS, MSc, Lecturer, Department of Anatomy, Yenepoya Medical College, Yenepoya University, India. MBBS, MS, Professor, Department of Anatomy, Yenepoya Medical College, Yenepoya University, India.
8. CHAOS SCIENCE & THE PARADOX IN ELECTRO CARDIOGRAPHIC – INTERPRETATIONS- Arunachalam Kumar, Professor of Anatomy, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore – 575 018, India
9. BLACK HIP-A CASE OF OCHRONOTIC ARTHROPATHY- Lawrence J. Mathias, Michelle Mathias, Padma Shetty, Ravindranath R
10. MICROFILARIA IN PERICARDIAL EFFUSION COEXISTING WITH SPINDLE CELL THYMOMA-A RARE CASE REPORT – Harish S. Permi1, Samaga B.N., Subramanyam K., Jayaprakash Shetty K., Teerthanath S., Vidya Baikunje, Kurian Ninan, Assistant professor, Dept. of Pathology, 2Professor, Dept. of Medicine, 3Chief interventional cardiologist and Head, Dept. of Cardiology, Professor & Head of Dept., Dept. of Pathology, Professor, Department of Pathology, Professor, Radio diagnosis and Imaging, Assistant professor, Radio diagnosis and Imaging, K S Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Deralakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
11. RADIO ULNAR SYNOSTOSIS: A CASE REPORT – Ramakrishna Avadhani, Bindhu S., Vikram, Dhanesh Kumar K.U. & Arunachalam Kumar, Department of Anatomy, Yenepoya Medical College, Yenepoya University, Mangalore – 575 018, Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy, Nitte University, Mangalore – 575 018, Department of Anatomy, K. S Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore – 575018
12. PATIENT UNDERGOING COMBINED RIGHT RADICAL NEPHRECTOMY AND RIGHT ATRIAL TUMOUR EXCISION : ANAESTHETIC MANAGEMENT – Manjunath R. Kamath1, Krishna Prasad P1, Mundayat Gopalakrishnan & Rajeev T.P. Department of Anaesthesia, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Urology. Justice K.S. Hegde Charitable Hospital, Nitte University, Mangalore, Karnataka – 575 018, India
13. MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE CORNEAL HYDROPS SECONDARY TO KERATOCONUS BY DESCEMETOPEXY USING INTRACAMERAL PERFLUOROPROPANE (C3F8) – A CASE REPORT – Vijay Pai, Jayaram Shetty, Hrishikesh Amin , S. Bhat, Divya Lakshmi Professor, Prof & Head, Professor, Assoc. Professor, Sr. Resident, Dept. of Ophthalmology, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore – 575 018.
ATRIOVENTRICULAR CANAL DEFECT, PERSISTENT LEFT SUPERIOR VENA CAVA, DUAL CORONARY SINUS OSTIAE – A CASE REPORT – Mundayat Gopalakrishnan , Manjunath Kamath Krishna Prasad Patla & Kodangala Subramanyam Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Division of Cardiac Anaesthesiology, Division of Cardiology, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore – 575 018, Karnataka, India
15. COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE MUSCULOCUTANEOUS AND MEDIAN NERVE : OCCURRENCE ON BOTH SIDES – Remya K., Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Kavitha K., K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Nitte University, Mangalore – 575018, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore – 575001